Zella's---Lincoln Park, North and Clybourn. Its a cool looking place from the outside with its brick walls and black zella sign. I called earlier today and no reservation needed for the time we were going. I understood why once we arrived-there was only one other table occupied. Our water came out in plastic cups (hey-at least I knew they were clean--pet peeve is dirty glasses and silverware and it happens to me all too often) and then I realized that Zella's is more of an upscale bar than a restaurant. People arrive later to drink. The place was still pretty cool on the inside if not simple and spacious but definitely not a typical restaurant environment. I ordered the skirt steak, Jenn the hamburger and the food was surprisingly good for its venue. The service was fair. B+
I never tire of being a passenger in the city of Chicago. There is so much to look at and so many cool buildings and cool places. It never fails that on the way to and from my destination I can find many more places I want to visit in the future. I discovered a closer Jamba Juice than what there has been before (red line to Belmont, head towards lake). New destinations to visit: Vanille, Flower Flat, Hollywood Mirror. I never tire of the endless options, never tire of the different neighborhoods. I can't wait till the new Target opens in my neighborhood and I would LOVE if the area that its going in would clean up and new cute boutiques/restaurants/coffee shops would open up. I'd love Uptown to be the next Lakeview.
Weather tonight: 5 degrees. Looking forward to spring and my new flip flops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment