Monday, January 19, 2009

Massage and Sarafino's

Backtracking now....A week ago Saturday Jenn and I went to check out this massage place in Lincoln Park. We were first time customers and so got the bargain of a $35 massage for 1 hour, unheard of, esp here. We trekked out in the crazy snow that was falling to accumulate to about a foot to our appts. The massage therapist was Stephanie and she was excellent-if you are looking for a good, intense massage therapist, this is the place to go. First off, it is in a chiropractic office (with cool orange walls) and you meet with the actual doctor and go through your complaints. He is young, down to earth, and warm-I felt comfortable with him. Then you meet with her and I was surprised by what she could figure out about my muscles without my having said anything and not very long into the session. Now, if you like a light touch for relaxation purposes, this might not be your gal. But if you want to feel like knots are being worked out and can bear a little short term pain, this is your place. If you go back within 30 days of your previous massage, it only costs $45 for a hour, again, a pretty good bargain.



I checked out the pizza joint across the street while I waiting on Jenn, called Sarafino's. Apparently, they have chains in the burbs too, I saw a billboard on my way into the city last week advertising them. Its a cheap, in and out (no dining tables, just a bar that would seat maybe 5 people total) place but really good. I was sad that they didn't deliver in my neighborhood.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sheri,
    I didn't know you had a blog! I will definately be keeping up with you now that I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started blogging at this site--my old stuff is under myspace. Decided I needed only 1 social network site. :) Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete